How different brands have helped this change
As per the study, Xiaomi has maintained a dominant market presence over the past decade in India. 42% of people involved in the study expressed their satisfaction and preference for its products. For another 27% of those surveyed, Xiaomi was their first-ever smartphone, with Samsung (24%) following a close second. As per the survey, 53% of users were satisfied with Xiaomi smartphones and smart devices. 45% of users also said that Xiaomi was their most loved brand among others.
Key highlights of the study
- Friends and family exert the strongest influence (63%) on users when it comes to buying a smartphone and smart devices.
- In terms of brand imagery, Samsung is strongly associated with industry leadership (42%), reliability (42%), popularity (42%), long usable life (42%) and feeling great (41%). On the other hand, Xiaomi is strongly associated with feeling great (53%), feeling powerful (46%), reliability (42%), customer centricity (45%), and industry leadership (44%).
- In smartphone and smart devices, Xiaomi has the highest total awareness (78%) followed by Samsung (75%), However in terms of usage in the last decade, Xiaomi leads (42%) the pack followed by Samsung (36%). Thus, the conversion of awareness of the brand to its usage is maximum in the case of Xiaomi (54%) followed by Samsung (45%).
- When it comes to smartphone brand awareness, Xiaomi leads in ToM (14%) as well as total recall (79%) closely followed by Samsung (ToM – 13%, Total Recall – 77%). While comparing current primary usage of smartphone brands also, Xiaomi leads (13%) the pack closely followed by Samsung (12%) and
- Users of smartphones and smart devices of Xiaomi and Samsung brands are most satisfied (92%) followed by users of
Apple(91%) and Boat(90%).
- In satisfaction level of smartphones,
OnePlus(93%) users are most satisfied followed by Xiaomi (92%) and Apple (91%) users.