The program offers financial aid to chosen individuals to pursue Master’s and Ph.D.programs overseas at institutions recognized by the respective country’s government or authorized body. Each year, around 125 new scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funds.
Note: 30% of the awards for each year shall be earmarked for women candidates.
The NOS portal will open from 15-02-2024 for a period of 45 days i.e. till 31-03-2024 (midnight) for submission of online application through the Portal.
- Applicants who have received an offer of admission from one of the top 500 ranked international institutes or universities according to the latest QS rankings for 2023 will be considered for scholarships in the initial selection round.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must have achieved at least 60% marks or an equivalent grade in their previous qualifying examination. For Ph.D. programs, the qualifying examination is the Master’s Degree, while for Master’s Degree programs, it’s the Bachelor’s Degree.
- The combined income of the entire family from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8.00 lakh per year in the previous financial year.
Applicants should be no older than 35 years of age as of the first day of April for the selection year.
- Only applicants who have provided their Aadhar card details and received a firm offer of admission from one of the foreign institutions or universities listed in the top 500 rankings for the academic session starting from 2023-24 onwards will be eligible for consideration for a scholarship to study at that institution or university, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements of the program.
- The selection process will consist of two rounds. In each round, a merit list will be created based on the rank of the foreign universities or institutions from which candidates have received offers of admission, according to the latest QS rankings. Scholarships will be awarded according to this merit list.
Duration of Award with Financial Assistance
The financial aid will be given for the duration of the course or research as approved, or until the end of the specified period, whichever comes first.
Ph.D. – 04 years (Four years)
Master’s Degree – 03 years (Three years)