Considering some chapters have been deleted from Inorganic Chemistry in JEE Main 2024, students may expect the following weightage of questions from the three sections: Physical, Organic & Inorganic Chemistry.
Chemistry: Topic-wise Weightage
It is observed that those who crack JEE (Main) are the ones who do well in Chemistry. A week before the exam give 4 hours to brush up your concepts of organic and inorganic for 3 hours and give 1 hour for Physical. Try to attempt chemistry in 40 minutes as it has some easy questions and if you can solve these, you will feel confident.
It has been observed that if you are confident, then your efficiency increases. Just read the concepts of Thermodynamics and Chemical Equilibrium, as some conceptual questions from these chapters will help you score well in chemistry. Here are some key pointers that will help you score well in Chemistry.
JEE Main 2024 | Boost Your Performance With Expert Strategies for Time Management & Chemistry
- Conceptual clarity, application skills and awareness to the prescribed syllabus should be the focus.
- Practice the most relevant questions daily to develop speed.
- In Physical Chemistry expect questions from topics like Mole Concept, Atomic Structure, Liquid Solution, Ionic Equilibrium and Electrochemistry.
- In Inorganic Chemistry most of the questions which are asked are conceptual, concerned with structures, processes, and applications. Special attention is a must to the topics like Chemical Bonding, Coordination Chemistry & Structures of Inorganic Compounds.
- Take a careful and patient approach for Organic Chemistry giving attention to the topics like Stereochemistry, GOC (General Organic Chemistry) and Functional Group Analysis.
- Must solve questions from topics like Biomolecules, Carbonyl Groups, Practical Organic Chemistry, Alcohols, Phenols as you may expect some easy to Moderate questions from these chapters.
- Read NCERT as most questions in Chemistry would be NCERT based.
- Always attempt theoretical questions first and then questions which require calculation.
- It is advisable to avoid numerical questions in the first 10 or 15 minutes of the exam.