With the approach of JEE Main 2024 Session 1, Ramesh Batlish, Managing Partner at FIITJEE and Head of FIITJEE NOIDA, provides valuable tips for aspirants aiming to excel in the Physics section. As you immerse yourself in the final stages of preparation, delve into insights on the most scoring Physics chapters, those from which maximum questions can be anticipated, and more.
JEE MAIN 2024 | Exam Secrets Revealed: Expert Perspectives on NCERT and Previous Years’ Papers
Preparing for Physics in JEE Main
Physics is mostly conceptual and logical. Physics may appear tricky when a question involves concepts of two or more chapters. Chapters like Electrodynamics are often mixed with Rotation or Gravitation and may become even tougher. However, it is advisable that students have a good command on the more scoring chapters. Some scoring chapters are:
- Modern physics
- Current electricity
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and Sound
- Heat and Thermodynamics
Chapter-wise tips for JEE Main Physics
- Mechanics is one topic of Physics that is considered less scoring by most experts. However, to add to the dilemma this is also the topic that forms the major portion of the JEE (Main) in terms of marks. So, this topic cannot be neglected.
- One must also try to concentrate on other scoring topics to ensure a better performance, for example Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, etc.
- Kinematics and Particle dynamics are very important topics of Mechanics that make regular appearance in the JEE papers.
- Refer to past years’ JEE papers, and sample test papers to understand what to expect in the exam when you have started solving advanced level problems.
- According to the general trends, Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism are the most important topics in terms of the number of questions asked in JEE in previous years.
- In the decreasing order of the marks they carry are listed different topics of Physics according to their appearance in previous year’s papers.
- Thermodynamics is important from the terms of both Physics and Chemistry so concentrate on that as well.
- As it has already been discussed that Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism are the most important topics of Physics, it must be kept in mind to have a clear understanding of the basic concepts of these chapters.
- Read theory from NCERT as you may expect some fact-based questions from Chapter on Experimental Skills.
- Vector is one chapter that students very commonly encounter in dealing with any of these topics, so effort must be made to understand it properly.