Infant Branded With Hot Iron Rod To Cure Respiratory Issue, Dies in Madhya Pradesh


The baby boy had sustained severe injuries after he was branded with a hot iron.(Representational)

Shahdol:

A one-and-half-month-old boy died after he was allegedly branded with a hot iron rod as part of a ritual to cure him of a respiratory ailment in Madhya Pradesh’s Shahdol district, an official said on Saturday.

The infant died while undergoing treatment at the paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) of the district hospital on Friday, civil surgeon GS Parihar said.

The baby boy had sustained severe injuries after he was branded with a hot iron rod as a cure for his respiratory problems at Bandhwa village, he said.

He was brought to the district hospital on December 21 when his condition deteriorated, the official said, adding that the baby succumbed to pneumonia.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)


ASHAS – Premium Clothing
Shadow Fight – Action Thriller