13 C
London
Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Pompeo, Esper coming to Delhi for third 2+2 on October 26 & 27 | India News

NEW DELHI: The third edition of the two-plus-two dialogue between India and the US is expected to take place on October 26 and 27 in New Delhi during which both sides are likely to carry out a comprehensive review of their strategic cooperation, people familiar with the development said on Thursday.
US secretary of state Mike Pompeo and defence secretary Mark Esper are scheduled to visit India for the dialogue, they said. The Indian side will be represented by external affairs minister S Jaishankar and defence minister Rajnath Singh.
The first two-plus-two dialogue was held in Delhi in September 2018 after the mechanism was approved by PM Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump. The second edition took place in Washington in December last year.
In the third edition of talks, both sides are expected to delve into the situation in the Indo-Pacific as well as in India’s neighbourhood, besides key bilateral issues. As the dialogue is taking place days ahead of the presidential polls in the US, no major outcome is expected, said a source.



Source link

Latest news

Death of an infant shows cruelty of starving in a country of food abundance | India News

Nafisa watched her baby’s life drain away. She and her husband struggled to make even 1 rupee (1 cent) a day from their tailoring...

Jos Buttler: IPL 2020: Buttler can win games like De Villiers and Pollard, says Steve Smith | Cricket News

ABU DHABI: Jos Buttler is second to none when it comes to winning games at the back-end, said Rajasthan Royals' (RR) skipper Steve Smith,...

Government considers trade talks with Taiwan as both spar with China

NEW DELHI: Support is growing within India’s government to formally start talks on a trade deal with Taiwan as both democracies see relations with...

Dinesh Vijan’s next starring RajKummar Rao and Kriti Sanon to start shooting in Chandigarh on October 30 : Bollywood News

Dinesh Vijan and his team are all geared up for their next untitled movie starring Rajkummar Rao and Kriti Sanon. The...

Related news

Death of an infant shows cruelty of starving in a country of food abundance | India News

Nafisa watched her baby’s life drain away. She and her husband struggled to make even 1 rupee (1 cent) a day from their tailoring...

Jos Buttler: IPL 2020: Buttler can win games like De Villiers and Pollard, says Steve Smith | Cricket News

ABU DHABI: Jos Buttler is second to none when it comes to winning games at the back-end, said Rajasthan Royals' (RR) skipper Steve Smith,...

Government considers trade talks with Taiwan as both spar with China

NEW DELHI: Support is growing within India’s government to formally start talks on a trade deal with Taiwan as both democracies see relations with...

Dinesh Vijan’s next starring RajKummar Rao and Kriti Sanon to start shooting in Chandigarh on October 30 : Bollywood News

Dinesh Vijan and his team are all geared up for their next untitled movie starring Rajkummar Rao and Kriti Sanon. The...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Close Bitnami banner
Bitnami